The long shadow is a design trend for almost several years up to now. There is no any specific field of design to use long shadow, but you can find Long shadow trend in every field of design, from Printing design to web design. There are several scripts and plugins for applications like Photoshop and Illustrator that create long shadow very easily without doing it manually but, in After effect, there is no any type of plugin/script or preset that allows people to create this type of shadows with doing it manually that in most cases, waste too much time to recreate it for every single project.
I have decided to create a very simple preset for after effect, that allows you to create the long shadow just with drag and drop of the presets. You don’t have to pay anything for it just download it for free and use it.
How to Use
- Download the preset
- Copy “Long Shadow” folder and paste it in your After Effect directory in most cases it’s like [ Win: Program file/Adobe/After Effect/Preset Mac: Application / After Effect / Presets ].
- Open After Effect and create text or anything that you have.
- It’s important to Pre-comp your element which you want to add long shadow preset to it otherwise, its cause problems. Fro pre-comping select your elements like text or logo and hold CMD + Shift + C or if you are in Windows CTRL+SHIFT+C.
- From Effect and Presets panel go to Animation preset / Preset and select Long Shadow preset and drag it on your element.
- You can see some effects and controllers that each one them has their own job.
- Shadow: you can control the direction and amount of blurriness.
- Color: you can set the color of the shadow.
- Opacity: you control the amount of darkness by sliding the sliders to the left-hand side.
- Logo Composite is the effect that composite your logo or text or anything that you have with shadow.
- Fall of: controlling the amount of cutout and smoothness.
Tags: ae long shadow, ae presets, after effect, free ae presets, long presets, long shadow, shadow