UI / UX Design is covering a broad range of jobs and title that most of the newbies find them confusing while they hear them for the first time. Some of them are really related to each other and focused on the one specific fields.Nowadays when you want to apply for a new job there is lots of stuff that you have considered before applying for a job or specifically for UI/UX Design job. First thing is that you have to read the complete information about the job and your responsibility then, the most important part is, your Job title what they want you to do? Are they want a person who hands over different technologies or they want a person who has knowledge and experience of a specialized field of UI / UX? If so, let’s get into these job titles deeply.
UX Design (With Categories)
UI Design ((With Categories)
01. UX(User Experience) Design
UX stands for User Experience, simply it’s all about how users feel when they interact with a Website, Mobile Application or even a Product. UX is a very tough topic in these days because of, smartphone growing and more usage of Web applications and product. A UX Designer is a person who design and research about the main structure of products, how the user feels and get the benefit of a product in a way that makes the user happy about a product. UX is covering a broad range of topics and studies than UI, UX is one of the important phases of creating Websites and Mobile applications. UX has several categories and job titles that all of them has its own benefits. These are some of the common UX job titles and specified jobs:
- UX or User Researcher: All the researching and studies before creating products is related to this fields. User Researching is very important phase for success of a products because, you know all about what your users actullay needs and according to result you can build and design the best match product for your end-users.
- User Usability Test: Testing a product before before going to end-users and testing is a UX design is match to what user really wants from a product is called Usability Testing. Usabiliy is also one of that important phase of creating a product.
- UX Documentation: providing a readable guide and information about a product and giving reasons for each process and tools which is designed in a product.
- UX Designer: A UX Designer is a person who have to do all of the above phases and processes, a person who designs and create user personas, UX wireframes, building prototypes and testing usability of a product. To be a UX designer you have to know a little bit about all of the above-mentioned topics and process its kind of a person who hands over several kinds of stuff.
02.UI (User Interface) Design
UI stands for the User interface. All the graphic elements that provide the user a guide map of using products without worrying about the codes behind of its. Simply all graphic elements that you can interact with it in a products for example: At smoothie website that now you reading this post, by clicking on different buttons on the menu you can go to different pages, by clicking on leave comment you can drop your comments and all of these elements that need user interaction is called UI and the person who design them is a UI Designer. UI designer is no much complex as compare to UX but though you need to put attention on every pixel and graphic fundamentals studies. Here are some of the common job titles of UI Design:
- Visual or Layout Designer: a person who design all the visual elements from color to putting elements according to design principles in a website or mobile application. They are responsible for choosing the right color schemes according to psychology studies, they have to choose the right layout and much more.
- Interaction Design is all about how user interact with graphic elements which are provided by Visual designers. How user must be driven to different process and pages of a product. Creating interactive buttons,forms, cards and etc.
- Motion Designer: a person who is responsible for creating motion for a user interface.Nowadays motion is very important in a user interface because it gives a sense of realism to a product and makes it much nicer than having no motion.
A front/end developer is a person who is not only designing the UI but he/she have to develop it as well. Front/End developer is a term that widely used for people who are designing a User interface and makes it interactive to be a normal website or application. Front/end developer should have a strong knowledge of Design software and principle and they have to use HTML/CSS/JS and some frameworks like Bootstraps to create an interactive website or mobile application. Front/end development doesn’t of any specific categories and job titles.
These are some of the common UI/UX Job title and specialization, there are maybe other titles but the mentioned titles are the most popular and common once. When a person has knowledge of UI/UX both them he/she is a UI/UX Designer which you might see a lot in job information.
What do you think about these job titles? Which one do you want to be? Leave your comments below:)Tags: developer, front/end, ui dessingers, ui job, ui/ux, ux desginers, ux job